Welcome



These are tried, tested and much loved recipes. Our families and friends are always unselfish and devote themselves to taste-testing these delicious creations and demand them repeatedly time and time again.

Our aim is to share with you our favourite meals and the little tricks and tips we have learnt along the way.
Time is precious.
Food is expensive.

Both are resources too valuable to waste.

We want to share recipes that deliver delicious, nourishing meals - making the most of your time and ingredients.

Life is way too short for bland, disappointing food.
So ... Feed your inner cook - and Enjoy!

Saturday 11 July 2020

Bubbly fun. Bubble mixture recipe

One of my most special childhood memories was walking to a local fete with my beloved Grandfather.  I still remember opening the newspaper wrapping from my prize at the lucky dip stall. From under the layers emerged a bright yellow little pipe shaped like a baby duckling with black eyelashes and a pouting red beak.  I was spellbound.  When we arrived home my Grandfather concocted some bubbly liquid and I blew ... Bubbles ... from this little yellow plastic pipe.  That memory makes me so happy, even to this day.

Our wonderful Brisbane City Council Library Service runs an excellent program encouraging young children to read with their Little Stars Reading Club.  One of the rewards my Grandson received was a little bubble blowing bottle.  He loves his books and he loves blowing bubbles with me.  The bubble liquid invariably ends up on the grass but it is so easy to make your own and refill these bottles again and again.   So, I urge you to visit your library .. and also ... pop into the backyard and blow some bubbles yourself ! ... it is a magical experience that shouldn't be reserved just for the little ones!   Enjoy!   Colleen


  

Blowing Bubbles Liquid Mixture  - I have posted 2 different quantities 

(although I use an eco dishwashing liquid in my kitchen, I find a 'traditional' brand concentrate works better for these bubbles) I use an old medicine cup to measure out.

25 ml   Concentrated Dishwashing Liquid  
150 ml water
10 ml   glycerine (usually in the medical section at supermarket or from your chemist)

Mix the ingredients together gently, I use the handle of a spoon. You don't want froth.
Allow to sit overnight.
Pour into your bubble bottles and blow and blow bubbles!

or 
50   ml  Concentrated Dishwashing Liquid 
300 ml  water
20   ml  glycerine 
same method as above.

Have fun!    Cheers.    Colleen








No comments:

Post a Comment